Just kidding. Going to a movie is a pretty big treat for me: the finances, yes; but also just the getting away. And going with a friend is that much more rare -- it usually means two moms have the time and money to make it happen at the same time. I don't know about your world, but in mine that's a rare occurrence.
We were either going to see "Julie and Julia" or "The Time Traveler's Wife" -- not exactly the type of movie I would ever go see with The Hubs. Chick-Flicks, bah-humbug. Erin and I might try to make one of them next weekend instead, but in the meantime I realized how much I'd been looking forward to going to see a movie, girlfriend or no, and I asked The Hubs if we would go see one of them with me instead.
"No way!" He just laughed. I guess he thought I was kidding.
Then, to my surprise,
Fast forward a few hours and I realized that I really had no desire to go to the movies with my husband and spend $14 on something he didn't even want to see. I'd rather spend the time with my husband, so we agreed on spending a date-night in instead, curled up on the couch with a drink and maybe finding something already recorded to watch on our DVR.
I realize $14 may not sound like a lot of money. But with this journey we are on that is how careful I am trying to be about every dollar I spend. August has proved to be quite the expensive month... Looking at the progress of our debt snowball is great motivation to make every one of them count.
2 comments:
Hi! Waving!!!
Good call on staying in! I'll call you with dets for next weekend!
E
I am so proud of you all for doing what you're doing!
Post a Comment