But when it comes to teenagers... Well, there's really just one thing they want.
Cold, hard cash.The 11 cents? That was a gift from his 6yo sister. Even she knows where the heart of her brother lies. (Sort of.)

I also got him a much-needed lunchbox and water bottle, with strict orders to tattoo his name on them in blood so this time maybe they won't "disappear".
Hey, these things aren't cheap. Almost $20 for both of them at Tar-zhay.
- Cash: $40
- Lunch box and water bottle: $20
- Total ~ $60
Conner wants to buy a DSi with his birthday money, and with money he has saved up -- $169 for one of those! But it's his money, his choice. I took him to Wal-Mart this evening for him to get one, but they didn't have the color he wanted. Luckily -- because it belatedly occurred to me that we should check the BX on base instead, where he won't have to pay the sales tax. I just mentioned that to him, so he's excited... Awww -- Who knew the way to a teenager's heart was powered by electronics.
4 comments:
Hi! happy bday to your son! I remember turning 14 and all i wanted was money too, (except i wanted it for clothes). thanks for your comment on my blog! I am definitely going to be looking into the mutual fund thing!!! just as soon as the debt is done, we will begin investing!
I couldn't figure out how to comment back on my blog to your question...so here is the answer! You asked how we earn so much on our checking account. well our bank is great! we have a checking account that earns 5% APY on our average daily balance and every month we get paid that interest.
Our kids went for years without a Nintendo even though it seemed like most of their friends had one.
Eventually someone gave them a used one, and then years later our youngest saved up for an x-box.
Now it seems like everybody has a Wii but we don't.
I don't think it hurts them to save up for something and wait before they but it. It teaches them to wait and consider a purchase before buying.
I love thrift stores. My sil finds the most amazing things in there, but she goes quite often, like a couple of times a week.
At least she used to, now she's really into Craig's list!
Glad to do it! Oh, and I call it Tar-zhay too, so great minds think alike, lol!
Post a Comment