Is this what happens about six months into a debt eradication plan? Is there a 12-step program for this? Because pizza is but a small step in a spending direction we seem to be heading toward.
The problem is that The Hubs is (likely) going to deploy in January, and that is opening up all kinds of spending justifications.
- He needs a new laptop.
- I would really like one of those big flat-screen TVs for that great price we saw advertised around here.
- The Hubs also saw a GPS for a great price. (We've been coveting one of them for awhile now...)
See how easy that is?
Time will tell. This is really hard. Blogging about it is even harder. Part of me wants to just forget the whole thing so I don't have to put finger to key and type about it for all of you to see and know how fickle we really are.
But this is real, and it wouldn't be real if I didn't keep it real. For real. I don't know what you all are going to tell me, if anything. I don't know if you can tell me anything that will change my mind about any of the above purchases. We haven't even made up our minds about any of them (except the laptop). Maybe this blog is my 12-step program -- accountability and all that.
At least it's keeping me honest about the accounting. If we cave in to all our desires this month? It ain't looking good.
4 comments:
I think that you can still be dedicated to your snowball, and still have a once an awhile treat. Not just take out on a night you don't feel like cooking...but something to keep you going.
If there is a deal that really is a good deal (do the homework...alot of the Black Friday Ads really aren't all that), congratulate yourself that you are able to buy this ONE purchase because of the hard work you have put in.
The key is keeping it to ONE thing, and make it something that is really worth it!!!
Keep going! You are doing fantastic! And my utmost respect goes out to you military families.....no idea how you do it!
I'm only in my 2nd month and I'm struggling with this! I tend to attempt to make myself stick to a really strict budget and my mom keeps reminding me I need to let myself do some fun things/ have some leeway otherwise this isn't going to last-- you guys are WAY ahead of me though and definitely let yourself enjoy some - as long as you don't go back in debt! ;)
If more money comes in with the deployment,keep on track with the snowball as you are doing now. Let the extra money accumulate until you have enough to purchase what you want. That way at least you don't go backwards. That's my two cents. And yes, you can put that two cents towards a laptop if you want...I do what I can...:)
I have a Garmin Nuvi 205 GPS, still in the box, unused. It's very basic, but it will get you there. I'd be happy to part with it for $10 plus the shipping costs. If you're interested, email me.
Post a Comment