Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thank you, Joe The Plumber. We can all breathe easier now.

  • The good news is -- our washer wasn't broken!
  • The bad news is -- our plumbing was backed up!

  • The good news is -- we didn't have to pay the $70 service fee again!
  • The bad news is -- we had to wait for a plumber to come!

  • The good news is -- my teenager now has clean socks! (even if grandpa did finally just buy him some)!

The cause of all the water on the floor ended up being a clogged pipe, so I called a plumber (again, via our Home Warranty) to come out and check things out.

Luckily, all it took was several thousand feet a little bit of snaking.You ever see one of those snakes in action? It's like a long, metal, um, snake that they force down the length of the pipe to force through whatever is obstructing it.

I guess you can rent them, but unless you know what you're doing, I would recommend calling your own Joe the Plumber. I'd just as soon leave a job like this to these good old boys who do it for a living -- even if they do think I'm a freak for video taping them while they do it. I'm pretty sure he didn't know what to make of me.

And I know ya'll were just dying to get a glimpse of what "snaking" was all about. Loud, eh? What you couldn't hear was his sniggering. Oh, what I'll do for a blog post...

No comments: